A couple of months ago Valve announced that software would be sold through Stream. The first few software titles are now available on Steam for purchase.
The software titles:
- GameMaker: Studio is £349.99.
- ArtRage Studio Pro is £44.99.
- CameraBag 2 is £9.49.
- 3D-Coat is £60.85.
- 3DMark Vantage is £14.99.
- 3DMark 11 is £14.99.
Valve Corporation said “Many of the launch titles will take advantage of popular Steamworks features, such as easy installation, automatic updating, and the ability to save your work to your personal Steam Cloud space so your files may travel with you. GameMaker Studio, for example, features integration with Steam Workshop that allows GameMaker users to share their work via Steam.”
Each software title is currently available at 10% off for this week.
It isn’t suprising to see Valve Corporation taking their Steam platform into new directions with game making software. It’s just suprising to see that they are only doing it now, they could have done it years ago.
Some of my other Valve Corporation posts:
- Developers will Now Need to Pay $100 to Get Listed on Steam Greenlight.
- Steam Greenlight is Available.
- Steam is Going Beyond Just Video Games.
- Steam Mobile Application Closed Beta has Started. Also Nine Screenshots of the Steam Application [Updated!].
- Impressive Steam Statistics.