Paradox Interactive excellent strategy game Crusader Kings II has been updated with a ton of new additions, bug fixes and performance improvements. These patches have been around for a while but I think they only just got added to the Steam version of Crusader Kings II yesterday.
More detailed patch notes can be read here.
- Added Nahua culture and Aztec religion.
- Retinues no longer get free leaders.
- Liege levies raised via the province view are now raised in the selected province.
- You can now forbid your council from leading armies.
- Optimized succession calculation, which could cause massive slowdowns in big dynasties with many landed members.
- Intrigue plots vs barons or their courtiers can now include their liege’s courtiers and other vassals.
- Fixed Scottish Schiltron building giving 10x defensive bonus to pikes…
- Fixed an issue with broken portraits and other graphics on certain older graphics cards.
- Fixed a bug with Claimant Faction wars becoming invalid in Elective Realms.
- Fixed a bug where various Dynasty variables would not be correctly reset on resign, which could even cause crashes.
- Fixed the initial tech levels in the Nestorian and Miaphysite provinces.
- Fixed a crash bug in the religion view that could happen when your ruler’s religion changed.
- Fixed a bug with Gavelkind succession in Empires where the holder also had many kingdoms…
- Faction System.
- Characters can have both a Plot and an Ambition.
- Retinue System support for the Legacy of Rome DLC.
- Orthodox and related religions have Autocephalous Patriarchs and the Pentarchy.
- Rebalanced Combat, with more focus on leaders and their traits. More leader traits.
- Liege levies. You only raise levies from your direct vassals, and they are not directly connected to Holdings.
- A number of self improvement Ambitions for characters.
- New religions: Miaphysite, Nestorian, Monothelite.
- Two new Bookmarks: The Alexiad and The Latin Empire.
- AI: Improved military AI.
- Major speed optimizations.
- Greatly reduced graphics memory load.
- Plugged some memory leaks.
- New events for characters with the lunatic trait.
- Spymaster’s Discover Plots job has been renamed to Scheme, and now also affects faction membership.
- New icons added to all decisions.
- Launcher now remembers DLC and Mod settings.
- Very large savegames can now be sent to clients in multiplayer.
- Now always allowed to move capital back to the traditional capital of your primary title (even if you’ve moved capital once already).
- You now always need at least two kingdom titles to create an Empire.
- Fixed several bugs with Gavelkind and Primogeniture succession.
- Fixed some issues with the Supply Limit and attrition rules…
I have been playing Crusader Kings II quite a lot recently and its a lot of fun. I been meaning to buy it but I wanted them to fix the game more and add some new stuff before diving into it. The current sale on Steam (just over two hours left) was a perfect time for me to get it. So I bought Crusader Kings II and the seventeen pieces of DLC all together. I also bought the Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion DLC which isn’t listed for some reason maybe because its strays of the historical path.
Crusader Kings II is a good game, I highly recommend it.
My other Crusader Kings II posts:
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam, African Unit Pack and Songs of the Caliph DLC is Now Available.
- Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam DLC Coming Soon.
- Crusader Kings II Ruler Designer DLC has been Announced.
- Video Games to Watch Out For in 2012 Part #1.