Grinding Gear Games the developers of Path of Exile have recently releases patch 0.11.0. and it introduce two new leagues: Anarchy and Onslaught and will run along Standard and Hardcore leagues until October.
From pathofexile.com: “In the Anarchy League, the corruption of Wraeclast has spread to the minds of many exiles, turning them against one another. As you journey through the world, you will occasionally run into these exiles – deadly computer controlled enemies who use the skills and items available to player characters. If you manage to kill one, they drop a lot of items including a magic or above for each equippable slot.”
“The Onslaught league is a hardcore league designed for players who found our existing hardcore gameplay too easy. We’ve increased the attack, cast and movement speed of monsters. It’s like a lighter version of the Turbo race events that we run, only it lasts for four months. Note that just as the Anarchy league doesn’t contain these difficulty increases, the Onslaught league doesn’t have the rogue exiles. It’s likely we’ll try them out in hardcore leagues in the future.”
Both leagues will have Challenges which are extra difficult goals that can be completed over the next four months.
Patch 0.11.0 was released on Wednesday 05th June 2013.
0.9.8 Patch Notes:
- Due to substantial balance changes, every existing character has been granted an optional full passive reset. To use this, click the “Reset all Passives” button on the passive skill screen. Note that you must use this before allocating or refunding any other points otherwise the option will go away.
- The new leagues don’t start until the weekend of June 8. We’re deploying the patch a few days beforehand so that problems can be sorted out before the leagues start.
- Added a new currency item – Eternal Orb: Creates an imprint of an item for later restoration. Right click an Eternal Orb then left click on an item to create an imprint. This imprint can later be used to restore this specific item to that imprinted state.
- Added three new cosmetic microtransaction effects – Ebony Footprints, Infernal Footprints and Radiant Footprints.
- Added a quest item (Thaumetic Emblem) that opens the blocked path in the Way Forward quest.
- New vendor recipes have been added.
- Weathered Stones that describe elements of Karui history have been added to many Act One areas: the Terraces, Tidal Island, Mud Flats, Ledge, Rocky Climb, Ship Graveyard and Coves.
- The Blacksmith (the boss of the Dunes and Spider Forest maps) has been redesigned with new stats, skills and AI.
- New vendor recipes have been added, some of which only work in the new leagues.
- The vendor recipe for Onyx Amulet does not work in Anarchy or Onslaught leagues.
- Onyx Amulets have been removed from quest rewards of all leagues.
- The Mortem Morsu and Silverbranch Unique items have been given 3D art.
The full release notes can be read here.
My other Path of Exile posts:
- Path of Exile Public Stress Test is Now Available.
- Path of Exile Public Stress Test This Weekend.
- Path of Exile Patch 0.9.8 is Available.
- Path of Exile Beta Available for Public Access this Weekend.
- Path of Exile Patch 0.9.7 is Available.