Video game publishers 505 Games and developers Overkill Software have released their latest update for Payday 2. This time the update is called the “First Person Animations Update” and they have gone back to improve some of the animations you see in first person view. They have changed how guns reload, shout animations, and added transparent magazines for certain guns and more. They have also made various bug fixes too.
“Heisters, it’s time to give the first-person animations some more love. At OVERKILL we always strive to make PAYDAY 2 as great of an experience as it possibly can be for you guys to enjoy and for us to be proud of. Having recently announced that we’ll continue working on PAYDAY 2 for at least two more years, we’re excited to get this update out the door as a testament to our continued commitment and support of the game. With this free update, we introduce a host of new and updated first-person animations for tons of weapons in the game.”
For months, our animators in the OVERKILL crew have been hard at work to further refine and improve upon our existing first-person animations. Check out the sample videos below where we highlight some of the changes we’ve done. We hope you enjoy the updated animations as much as we have, and we look forward to hearing what you think in the community forum on Steam, on our sub-reddit and elsewhere. What are you waiting for? Get in there!”
(Click an image to see a larger image).
- Players will now be able to see the bullets in the magazines when reloading.
- Updated the transparent magazine for JP36, Commando 553, Kobus 90 and UAR.
- Updated the Expert magazine for the CAR-4 weapons family.
- Updated the first person reload animation on most weapons.
- Updated the first person shout animations.
- Updated the first person equip/unequip animations on most weapons.
- Updated the first person weapon butt melee attack animation on most weapons.
- Updated the first person throw frag grenade animation.
- Updated the first person tased animation.
- Updated the first person recoil animation on most weapons.
- Updated the first person cuffed animation.
- Updated the first person weapon aligment.
- Updated the first person sprint animation on most pistols.
- Updated the first person animation when using extended mags. It will no longer clip through the player’s hand.
- Updated the first person inspire animation.
- Added more reload sounds.
Read the rest of the patch notes here.
I tried out the new update and the new changes aren’t exactly going to be that noticeable to new players or future players but for people like me who have been playing Payday 2 for a long time now then the changes while not massive are noticeable and add some new polish to the game. The only actual new feature is the transparent bullets, being able to see bullets in a magazine and the addition of more reload sounds. It be good if one day they add new gun sounds because at the moment a lot sound pretty familiar and blend in together a lot. Maybe that is what guns actually sound like? but it be nice to hear more sound variety to add more tactual depth to the game. However JP36 is my favourite main gun in the game, so it’s good to see the gun get some more attention but having the ability to see your bullets in a magazine doesn’t seem very useful if you can only basically see them when you reload the gun. They should add a button which allow you to look and check your magazine without reloading.
Anyway the update is a welcome addition after the long list of paid DLC being added to the game that actually don’t add much to the overall experience.
My other Payday posts:
- Payday 2: Hotline Miami DLC is Available. Also Patch 37, 37.1, One Video and Eight Screenshots.
- Payday 2 Web Series Episode 1 is Now Available and Also New Gameplay Trailer.
- Payday: The Heist Mercy Hospital Map is Now Available.